LED Lighting for Educational Facilities
The revolutionary WalaLight System offers adaptable Kelvin-changing LED lighting for schools and educational facilities that not only result in substantial money saved on energy and maintenance costs, but can improve student behaviors and performance. WalaLights’ human centric LED lighting systems are available in an array of sizes and shapes to fit any educational facility or school lighting need. These LED ceiling light panels can reduce energy usage by up to 65% as compared to fluorescent, incandescent or CFL bulbs. Additionally, with a 100,000 hour lifespan, the need for maintenance of lighting fixtures in schools and educational facilities is virtually eliminated. Studies also show improvements in behavioral and educational outcomes from advanced LED lighting for schools. Discover the far-reaching improvements and benefits of LED lighting in schools below.
Behavioral and Educational Benefits
In addition to substantial cost savings, using WalaLight LED lighting for schools and educational facilities can reap the following behavioral and educational benefits:
- Improvements in school behaviors – Bright white light wakes up students, making them more alert and participatory in class. It can also improve concentration, focus and motivation. It can also improve concentration, focus and motivation. During times when students need to be more relaxed (nap time, lunch time, etc.), WalaLight LED lights for schools can manually be made warmer and dimmer. A reduction in negative behaviors by students also improves learning outcomes and student/teacher satisfaction.
- Promotion of healthy circadian rhythms – The average student today sleeps two hours less than students in the past due to reduced exposure to natural daylight and other factors, with the disruption of sleep potentially leading to behavioral issues. Studies have shown a link between lack of sleep and the incidence and severity of ADHD.
- Better test score potential – A study showed a 13% increase in standardized test scores when students were exposed to bright white light during exams.
- Multi-use variable lighting – Schools contain multi-use spaces that require different lighting or varied lighting at different times. WalaLight LED Lighting for school classrooms are user-friendly. The system has controls that allow the Kelvin setting and dimmer to be set individually for each light to suit changing environments, allowing people to reach peak performance and relaxation.
All of our WalaLight products offer the following economic benefits of LED lighting:
- Save up to 65% in energy costs – WalaLights use up to 65% less energy than fluorescent, incandescent and CFL bulbs and also diminish load on air conditioning systems, further reducing energy costs.
- Virtually eliminate lighting maintenance and replacement costs – With a lifespan of approximately 100,000 hours or up to 20 years, WalaLights require almost no maintenance or replacement, dramatically increasing cost savings and reducing disruption to the school day.
- Short payback period – The more lights are left on each day, the shorter the payback period. With typical educational facility lighting usage, the payback period is about 1 – 3 years. Over the course of a WalaLight system’s lifespan, savings can run into the millions, helping cash-strapped school districts and educational facilities better meet budgetary constraints.
- Replaces any type of light – WalaLight LED lighting for educational facilities can replace fluorescent lights, fluorescent tubes, high hats, down lights or can lights. The LED lights can be recessed, flush-mounted or suspended on ceilings or walls. Whatever type of lighting in schools already exists can be replaced by WalaLights.
- Easy financing with no upfront costs –There are no upfront costs with WalaLights and the money saved each month in energy and maintenance costs typically outweighs the monthly finance charge, resulting in the lighting replacement project being cash-flow positive.
LED Lighting For Educational Facilities
The WalaLight human centric LED lighting system for schools is beneficial for the following types of educational environments:
- Special Needs Schools
- Elementary schools
- Middle schools
- High schools
- Colleges and universities
- Technical and trade schools
- Private schools
- Testing centers
…13 million people in the US fit the diagnosis for ADHD. Our study suggests in 50 to 80 percent of cases the most likely factor for the findings is sleep deprivation resulting from disruption of the biological clock and circadian rhythm.
Source: Dr Artijin Arns, Research Institute Brainclinics, Netherlands, Biological Psychiatry Journal, Sep 2009