LED Lighting Systems for Shift Work Facilities
A Healthier Experience in Living & Working Spaces With LED Lighting
Shift worker lighting presents unique challenges to the lighting industry with regards to the negative impact of shift work on employee health. Work space lighting for shift workers needs to keep people alert and productive during working hours, while also avoiding issues identified by scientific studies that identify shift worker lighting as potentially health hazardous due to disruption of circadian rhythm and sleep patterns.
Our WalaLight LED work space lighting systems provide energy-efficient, healthy, and effective productivity lighting for shift worker facilities including:
- Call Centers
- Long Term Care Centers
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Acute Care Centers
- Air Traffic Control Facilities
- Fire Departments
- Transportation Workers
- Distribution Centers
- Energy Generation Plants
Many shift workers are not exposed to adequate amounts of bright white sunlight (at 6,500 Kelvin) to promote normal melatonin levels in the brain, without which the circadian rhythm and normal sleep patterns can be disrupted. Scientific studies have shown sleep disorders have a profound effect on human health, ranging from increased incidence of certain cancers, blood pressure, diabetes, attention deficit disorder and many other afflictions.
Our WalaLight LED ceiling light panels are designed to provide a healthy work space environment for shift workers through our patent-pending human-centric LED lighting technology including:
- Promoting normal melatonin levels in the pineal gland of the brain. Melatonin is a powerful natural antioxidant that is our natural defense against cancer and which floods the body during normal sleep.
- Reinstating normal circadian rhythms in the brain. The circadian rhythm controls many important functions in the body and is essential to normal sleep.
- Maintaining alertness among shift workers.
- Improving employee satisfaction by allowing workers to manipulate their lighting environment.
- Preventing elevated cortisol levels, which are contributing factors in elevated blood pressure and diabetes, among other maladies.
- Reducing turnover due to stress and health issues described above.